Sunday, July 26, 2026

Something unremarkable this way comes

Recently I've found that there may be some creative glimmers of life slightly closer to the surface than previously thought.

I'm not going to make the same excuses that I always do, if you know me then you'll know what they are, if you don't know then you'll likely find them somewhat dull.

But suffice to say I am writing semi-regularly again, as opposed to extremely intermittently. I'm returning to old themes, but maybe it's because I now recognise that they are my themes, the ones I'll come back to and worry at. Sense of place, being adrift in one's own history, the oddity that lurks beneath the surface and our refusal to acknowledge it (I was thinking of this when I watched everyone studiously ignoring that vast swathes of many countries are on fire, but the papers and politicians still howl of the dangers of net zero).

Anyway, I'm putting this here to keep myself honest, and also as a way of thinking through what I have in mind. I'll try to post more regularly, though we've all heard that one before, haven't we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home